Samstag, 25. August 2018

exploring my bookshelves pt. 2

Hey bookworms!
I really liked going through my bookshelves and sharing my books with you (which some of them I hadn't held in my hands in ages before that) and I thought it was time for a second round of showing you what's on my shelves!
We're still on the very top shelf on my big bookshelf, moving on with the books next to the stack on the left:


Touched by Corrine Jackson
I only read this once, years ago and I barely remember anything about the plot, just that it's one of those typical YA paranormal stories with a bad boy and lots of drama. I did enjoy it at the time but I never continued reading the series and I probably never will because I think it's just not right up my alley anymore. 

this is the German cover

Journey to the River Sea by Eva Ibbotson
I don't know if you know The Penderwicks which is a book series that I loved when I was younger. One of the characters in it always read books by Eva Ibbotson which made me pick this one up and I really loved it (although I, again, don't really remember much about the plot)

and again, German cover

Als Zeus der Kragen platzte: Griechische Sagen by Dimiter Inkiow
This is a children's book containing a lot of stories about Greek mythology which I read when I hadn't even read Percy Jackson! I can highly recommend the book to all children who like sagas and mythology and that kind of stuff (it also helped me in school when we read Ovid in Latin haha)



The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafón 
To be very honest, I don't remember anything about this book. Somehow, Zafón's books blur together for me so I don't know where one story ends and the other begins, they just all have that very specific vibe to them. I did really like the book though - it's the second book in the Shadow of the Wind series which enjoyed a lot!



Forever Princess by Meg Cabot
This is the tenth (and last) book to the Princess Diaries series and fun fact: I only read the first two and the tenth book. For whatever reason, don't ask me.
Didn't keep me from enjoying the story though, although I don't think it would be my cup of tea if I reread it now.



All the Truth That's in Me by Julie Berry
This is actually a book that I remember quite vividly, probably because it's very unique - it's told from 2nd person singular point of view and I was very moved by the story and the author's way of telling it.



Wir Kinder aus dem Möwenweg by Kirsten Boie
So many memories with this book... it was one of my absolute favourites as a child and I read it many, many times! I never finished the whole series but I will definitely by it for my future children and read it to them!



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen