Dienstag, 7. August 2018

summer book tag

Hi everyone!
Since summer is approaching (or actually, it's not approaching because it's already all around us) I thought it would be fun to do more summery posts, starting with the summer book tag!
I don't know who created it in the first place but I got the questions from readrantrockandroll.
I tag everyone who wants to do this!

1. What book cover makes you think of summer?
I'm currently reading Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice and the version I have reminds me a lot of summer with all the flowers and the bright colours.


2. What book has brightened your day?
The first one that came to mind is definitely Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda. I love this book to pieces and whenever I am having a bad day and reading it or even just skimming through it, it makes me feel better in an instant. There's just something about the characters and especially Simon that isn't just comforting but also makes me smile and be happy☺



3. Find a book cover with yellow on it.
That's not hard. My version of Carry On has a lot of yellow on it. This, again, is a very happy book for me. I absolutely love Rainbow Rowell's books and I was so excited when she announced there was going to be a sequel to Carry On, Wayward Son! I can't wait for that!


4. What is your favourite summer beach read?
I don't have a specific favourite summer beach read but I remember reading one particular book on the beach a few years ago and it still feels salty when I touch it, oops.
I read All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven three years ago but I remember absolutely loving it!



5. What action book had you running for the ice cream man?
Well... I don't read action, tbh. I think the book that comes closest to action that I've read is Renegades by Marissa Meyer because there are a lot of super heroes and such. Don't kill me for saying that, I know super hero books aren't action books, but there is a lot of action going on. Also, I read that book in a day although it's HUGE so it's incredibly fast paced which kind of reminds me of running which is a part of the question...? 



6. (Sunburn) What book has left you with a bad and/ or painful ending?
The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan. Like, seriously? In the beginning of the next book, he even apologised for leaving us with such a DEVASTATING cliffhanger. 



7. (Sunset) What book gave you the happiest feeling when it ended?
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz has such a cute ending! I LOVED it and I'm still feeling all fuzzy and warm when I think about it.



8. What book cover reminds you of a sunset?
The colours look like the sun and I think the orange on the cover is exactly the shade of orange the sun sometimes has while setting.



9. What is one book or series you hope to read this summer?
I really, finally want to read The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with summer but I still want to get to it asap.




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen