Freitag, 31. August 2018

top 10 most anticipated releases | fall 2018

Hello!
There are so many books coming out this fall that I've been beyond excited about for ages and I decided to share my top ten most anticipated releases here with you.

Wildcard by Marie Lu (September 18)
Wildcard is the sequel to Warcross which I read earlier this year and which follows Emika Chan, who is a bounty hunter and a hacker and is surprisingly getting invited to be a player in the year's tournament for the game Warcross after having hacked into it. But not only does she get to play, she is also sent on a secret mission by the founder of the game, Hideo Tanaka, himself, to possibly uncover a security problem.
From that point on, Enikas life completely changes and I'm so thrilled to read Wildcard to find out what happens next in the story and how the plot twist at the end of Warcross is going to play out!

source

Vengeful by V.E. Schwab (September 25)
Vengeful is the second book to the Villains series by V.E. Schwab who hasn't ever disappointed me with her books. Vicious follows Victor and Eli, two friends from college who make a  discovery that doesn't only change the world but also their friendship. The story is told in two different timelines and honestly, it's far too layered for me to give a summary that would do the story justice. But I'm so excited to finally see where Eli's and Victor's story is going after the ending of Vicious!


source

Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor (October 2)
Apparently, fall is the season for sequels, as Muse of Nightmares is the sequel and conclusion to Strange the Dreamer which is one of my absolute favourite books! Essentially, it's about Lazlo Strange, a librarian, who has dreamt about the lost city of Weep ever since he was a little boy. Finally, he gets the chance to go to Weep and find out what happened there 200 years ago that cut Weep off from the rest of the world.
Since Strange the Dreamer ended on quite a cliffhanger, I CAN'T WAIT to finally read Muse of Nightmares - to be honest, this might be my top 1 most anticipated release on this list (or ever, for that matter).

source

The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzie Lee (October 2)
This is for once, not a sequel, but the companion novel to The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue which I read earlier this year and really enjoyed. In The Lady's Guide, we follow Felicity Montague, who we already got to know in the first book. She is rather unconvential for her time as she likes to read and would like to attent medical school more than be a proper lady and I'm excited to follow her journey which is surely going to be as funny, crazy and offbeat as her brother's!

source

Dry by Neal Shusterman and Jarrod Shusterman (October 2)
In Neal Shusterman's newest release, which he wrote together with his son, we follow the story of Alyssa, who lives in Los Angeles at a time when water is rare and suddenly, the taps run dry.
I'm sure Dry will be another mind-boggling what-if-story as we're used to from Neal Shusterman and as I was absolutely blown away by the other books I read by him, I'm thrilled to read his latest book!

source

A Map of Days by Ransom Riggs (October 2)
Apparently, it has become a new fashion amongst authors to write sequels to series that have already been declared as over - which I'm not complaining about though because I love the Miss Peregrine's series so far! Since I haven't read all the books yet, I'm not going to read anything about the plot, but I know this is going to be a perfect, eerie Halloween read. As we're used to from Ransom Riggs.

source

What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera (October 9)

What If It's Us is about two boys meeting at a post office and apparently, falling for each other although they get seperated quite quickly.
I can't wait to see how Becky Albertalli's cute, heart-warming writing and Adam Silvera's heart-breaking, epic style will play out together - I don't know if this is going to break my heart or make me smile. I hope it'll do both, but anyway, I'm probably gonna love it - I mean, you can't do anything wrong with this author collab, can you?

source

Bridge of Clay by Markus Zusak (October 9)
I decided I didn't want to go into Bridge of Clay knowing all too much about it because for me, that's the way to go with Markus Zusak's books. I'm a huge fan of both The Book Thief and I am the Messenger and I'm sure Markus Zusak will once again convince me with a beautiful, heart-wrenching and unconventional story!

source

A Very Large Expanse of Sea by Tahereh Mafi (October 18)
This book is an own-voices novel set in 2002 about the effects 9/11 has on a young, muslim girl who is tired of being stereotyped. I've never read anything like that before and I'm excited to see how Tahereh Mafi's beautiful, lyrical writing style is going to play out in a story that is not only an important story to tell, but also most likely going to be heartbreaking and very emotional.

source

Archenemies by Marissa Meyer (November 6)
This is, along with Muse of Nightmares, my most anticipated book on this list! It's the sequel to Renegades which follows the stories of Nova and Adrian who live in a futuristic world ruled by superheroes. Their city is torn apart by a long history of alternating opposing governments and basically, Renegades is about them saving the world and being everything superheroes need to be.
Renegades was one of my favourite books this year so far and it ended on such a huge cliffhanger, I don't know how I'll bear not being able to read Archenemies for another two months!

source

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen