Mittwoch, 11. Juli 2018

exploring my bookshelves pt.1

Hi!
You probably all know that a lot of people on booktube do bookshelf tours and since I really like watching them I thought I'd do my own version of a bookshelf tour. Of course, that's a bit hard to do as a blog post so I decided to kind of "explore" my bookshelves shelf for shelf with you, introducing 5-10 books in each part. So this is going to be a rather long series but I am very excited to share all my books with you and "talk" a bit about them☺
I hope you'll enjoy this as much as I do!

I have two bookshelves which are absolutely cramped with books and it's getting worse. I am going to start off with the first books on the upper shelf of my bigger bookshelf (quite honestly, I rarely ever visit that part of my shelves because it's a bit out of my reach so maybe I'll find some books I haven't seen in a while too, haha)

today, we're just going to expore the stack on the left

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
The last time I read this must have been at least four years ago but I loved it. The Hunger Games are the books that introduced me to dystopias and in my opinion, they're one the best dytopias out there. I might even reread this some day.



Die unendliche Geschichte (English title: The Neverending Story) by Michael Ende
My edition looks like it fell into the water one day, I definitely didn't take care of my books very well when I was younger.
I read this years and years ago and I barely remember anything but what I do remember is that I loved it. I consider it a kind of children's classic but I don't know if I'll ever reread The Neverending Story. Maybe I'll read it to my children, who knows.



Wüstenblume (English title: Desert Flower) by Waris Dirie
I don't know when I read this, it must have been some years ago but this book really touched me. It's autobiographical and Waris Diries story is sad, brutally honest and very inspiring. I've never seen the movie adaptation but I definitely want to some day!



Gebrauchsanweisung für Paris (English title: Paris Revealed: The Secret Life of a City) by Stephen Clarke
This is a travelling guide rather than a novel and I can't really remember much about it. I only read parts of it but maybe I'll use it for my next trip to Paris.



Momo by Michael Ende
This book actually belongs to my dad, I just stole it from him and it's been sitting on my shelves ever since. I watched the TV show adaptation when I was younger but I never read the book until I was around twelve I guess. I really did like it though and I'll definitely keep it to (again) read it to my children one day.



All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
I actually read this just two years ago and I was so touched by the story. I think I'll reread this one day because it was a masterpiece of a book and I absolutely loved it. It's one of those books I think everyone should read just because it's that beautiful.



Das also ist mein Leben (English title: The Perks of Being a Wallflower) by Stephen Chbosky
I read this ages ago and I actually remember the movie better than the book. I know I found it a bit dense at times but in the end, I really liked it - I wonder though, if I read it know, would I view it differently?



So those are the first seven books on my bookshelf. I think it's kind of fun going through them and reliving all those memories that are connected to them and sharing my story with them.
I hope you enjoyed this little insight into my bookshelves!
xxx

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen