Dienstag, 17. Juli 2018

summerscaries book tag

Hi!
I saw Emma from emmmabooks do this tag on booktube and it seemed to be fun so I thought I'd like to try it too.
I tag everyone who feels like doing this!♥

1. Specter: A book that still haunts you after reading it.
This would definitely be A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara. It's my favourite book of all time and it made me think a lot and the reason why it still haunts me is that I (still!) start tearing up whenever I think about it although I read it months ago.

source

2. Don't split up: A book you would want to read around a campfire with friends.
I would want to read something cozy and warm and something that feels like home - so naturally, I choose Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone for this one. Sitting around a campfire, you could easily imagine being in the Gryffindor common room chatting with your Hogwarts friends.


3. A book you would like to ghost.
... meaning, a book you would like to forget that you read it. I had to think really hard about that, but I think I'm gonna go with Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake for this one. I DNFed it and since everyone's raving about it I would like to forget what I read so far and go into it with an open mind.



4. Frankenstein: A book that mixes genres well.
The first book that came to mind was Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. Technically, it's a fantasy and an LGBTQ+ romance but it's also kind of a satire and well, it's just perfection. I loved how it's able to stand on its own feet as a novel and be completely independent on its own, but at the same time, how it's such a cute Harry Potter satire that you can't help but fall in love with.



5. Murder: A book with a twist you didn't see coming.
I choose Scythe by Neal Shusterman for this question because there wasn't only one twist I didn't see coming but so, so many! This book was absolutely unpredictable for me and the plot twists were so good! I can't wait to see what's going to happen in the next one!



6. A book or series you would like to revive from the BookTube graveyard.
For me, that would be Heartless by Marissa Meyer. There was so much hype around this book when it first came out and now, nobody really talks about it anymore. That's why I don't really feel motivated picking it up anymore and it's been sitting on my tbr for forever.



7. Witch: A horror book with a strong female protagonist.
Honestly, I don't really read horror books so instead, I'm going to pick a thriller series because that's the genre closest to horror that I read.
I'm picking the Rizzoli & Isles series by Tess Gerritsen which revolves around Detective Jane Rizzoli who is an absolute bad-ass. She's smart and fierce and gains acceptance in the police's patriarchic pecking order which is why she's quite a strong female protagonist.



8. Mind Control: A spooky book you would recommend to everyone.
I don't really read spooky books because I freak out quite easily so the spookiest book I can't think of might not be that spooky to you: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. It's such a classic though and for some reasons, while I read it, it really reminded me of the books I read when I was younger and I don't know, but it felt like it could be enjoyed by many different people.

source

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen