Donnerstag, 17. Mai 2018

favorite books of all time #1

Hi everyone!

I thought it'd be a good idea to introduce you all to my favorite books of all time. Since I have a whole bunch of them and the number is continuously increasing, I'm gonna do several blog posts about it (like little series) and this is the very first one!
I hope you'll enjoy reading it and maybe get some inspiration for what to read next yourself!

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
I feel like The Book Thief is quite a classic amongst book lovers and I fully understand the hype. Narrated by Death, the perspective of the story is very unique and it's set in a very crucial time in history, in Second World War Germany, where everything is under Hitlers control.
I loved the role books played in this book and how Liesel, the main character, fought her own, tiny war against the Nazi regime. It's gripping, touching and timeless. Must-read for everyone!




Inkheart, Inkspell & Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke
Similar to Harry Potter, those are the books I grew up with. They don't only get me out of reading slumps still today, they also introduced a whole new world to me and even increased my love for books. I've read them several times and each time, I'm falling in love a bit more with the world and the characters. Beside the whole concept of the book, one of the main reasons I love them so much is Cornelia Funkes writing style which draws you in and makes you fall down the rabbit hole till your woven into the story like a spider's victim in its net.



The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Set in Taliban-occupied Afghanistan, The Kite Runner is a very important novel that doesn't only discuss the matter of war, violence and hate between certain peoples, it also talks about the importance of friendship and the impact it has on people. This is very touching, very intricate and very beautifully written. I have never come across anyone who didn't love this book.



The Millenium Series by Stieg Larsson
(The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest)
Those, in my opinion, are what perfect thrillers look like. They are all huge but I couldn't put any of them down for just a second. I loved the characters, I loved the story and I selfishly want to bring Stieg Larsson back to life so he can go on writing this series.
Everyone who likes thrillers will love these books since (like I said), they are perfection.



Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
As a huge Harry Potter fan, I welcome everything that is (even just distantly) related to HP so there was no way I wasn't going to read this Harry Potter satire.
I didn't only love how it played with the trope of the Chosen One, I was also very surprised by the romantic aspect of the story and I have to say, this is one my absolute favorite romances of all time. I'm planning a reread soon in order to be able to write a proper review of this book but I absolutely loved every word of it and again, I could not put this book down.


That was the first part of many to come - I hope you enjoyed it and if you like, you can leave me some of your favorite books in the comments.
xxx

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen