Mittwoch, 30. Mai 2018

intimidating tbr tag

Hello!
Nobody actually tagged me to do this but I still really wanted to so here I am. This tag has been going around booktube a while ago so I am quite late to the game. Bear with me, I'm not up to date with many things.
Anyway, here we go with the questions:

1. A book on your tbr pile that you haven't finished
Well... there are none. Usually, when I dnf a book, I really dnf it. I don't just put it aside for later, I really unhaul it and most of the time, books don't get second chances with me (though maybe I'll try to change that in the future). So all of the books on my tbr pile are completely and utterly unread.

2. A book you just haven't had the time to read for
For this one I'm going to go with Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I'm not the biggest classics fan and it always takes a lot of time for me to read them. It's not really that I didn't have time to read it yet (I am a strong believer of the theory you don't need to have time, you just got to make time) but I didn't want to make the effort and really invest my time in reading it. But I really want to this year!


3. A book you haven't read because it's a sequel
I don't have any sequels on my tbr because usually I pick sequels up quite quickly after I got them, but there are a lot of sequels that I still want to get so even though technically, it's not on my tbr pile (yet), I'm going to go with Darkness Follows by L.A. Weatherly. I read Broken Sky, the first book in this trilogy, last month and although I really do want to finish the trilogy, I haven't acccumulated the other two books. I will in the near future though. At least I hope I will.

that's the first book... obviously

4. A book you haven't read because it's brand new
The latest addition to my tbr pile would be They Both Die At the End by Adam Silvera and I do plan on picking this up next month. The book itself is not brand new (I think it came out last year) but it's brand new on my tbr, I only got it last week. And I'm dying to read it, I just love Adam Silvera so much!


5. A book by an author you read previously and didn't really like
Again, I have no book for this one. I try to pick up only one book per author at a time (at least for the authors I don't know yet) so I can still decide whether I want to read more books by that author after having read one book. I still want to talk about one particular book for this question: Carnal Innocence by Nora Roberts. It's not that I didn't like the books by her I read before but I guess I kind of outgrew my Nora Roberts phase so I am a bit hesitant to pick this up.


6. A book on your tbr pile that you're just not in the mood to read
I guess that would be The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. I have heard so many amazing things about this book and I know I would probably love it but I haven't been in the mood for historical fiction lately at all so I assume it's still gonna sit on my tbr pile for some time in the future. But I do want to read it eventually!


7. A book on your tbr pile that you haven't read because it's enormous
That's definitely A Secret History by Donna Tartt. I loved The Goldfinch by her but it took me a long time to read that one so I guess I will need quite some time to finish A Secret History too which is exactly why I haven't picked it up yet.

this is the German cover btw

8. A book on your tbr you bought because of the cover
For this I'm going to go with The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. I will probably still like the book though so I didn't solely buy it because of the cover but still... I have absolutely no idea when I'll get to it. So many books, so little time.


9. The book on your tbr you find the most intimidating
I'm gonna go with 1984 by George Orwell for that one. Not only because the font of my copy is tiny but also because it's quite old (it was published in 1949) and a lot of the time, I'm struggling with older books because I don't like the writing style. But still, I know I will read this eventually - not in the nearest future, but some day I will.



So those were the most intimidating books on my tbr pile... maybe I'll do the tag again in a year or two to see how my tbr changed till then. If it changes at all. Which I hope it will, haha.
What is your most intimidating book on your tbr? I would really like to know, leave me your answer in the comments!
xxx

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen