Sonntag, 27. Mai 2018

top 10 most anticipated releases | summer 2018

Hi everyone!
There are so many books coming out this summer, I bet I won't have any money left by September. Anyway, I still want to show you the June till August releases I'm most exited about and maybe you can also add some of them to your tbr!

Neverworld Wake by Marisha Pessl (June 5) 

A year after graduation, Beatrice meets up with her former friends for a night, thinking she's going to find out what really happened on the day her boyfriend died. Then, the group gets surprised by a man knocking on their door, demanding from them to make a decision that is going to put their lives at stake.

source
I've heard so many people rave about Marisha Pessls "Night Film" and the synopsis for "Neverworld Wake" sounds very intriguing to me so I'm very exited to be reading this!

Save the Date by Morgan Matson (June 5)
Charlie's sister is getting married over the weekend and she's very exited to be reunited with all of her siblings one last time before everything changes for her. Only the weekend isn't going quite as well as she has planned because some disturbances occur and on top of that, Charlie gets distracted by the cute wedding planner's nephew...

source
I'm a huge fan of Morgan Matsons other books; they're all perfect summer reads and I can't wait to see what she's come up with now! I'm definitely going to be taking this book with me on vacation and have a cute, summery read!

A Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa Tahir (June 12)
I'm not gonna sum up the book since it's the third book in a series and I don't want to spoil anyone who hasn't read the first two, so instead I'm gonna give a short summary on the first book, An Ember in the Ashes: So basically, the series follows two main characters, Elias and Laia who live in a fantasy world based on the Roman empire. In the beginning, Laia watches her grandparents get murdered and her brother abducted. She gets herself enslaved to find out what happened to him. She crosses paths with Elias, who is a soldier in the very military which is responsible for the abduction of Laias brother. The story goes on from there and takes Elias and Laia on a wild journey which I'm very exited to follow in the third book.
I might want to reread the first two though to refresh my memory before I'll dive into A Reaper at the Gates but overall, I can't wait to read it!

source

My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Jodi Meadows and Brodi Ashton (June 26)
"My Plain Jane" is the second volume in The Lady Janies series and this time, we're following a (maybe not so accurate) retelling of Jane Eyre. I read "My Lady Jane" last year and absolutely fell in love with the humorous retelling of Lady Jane Greys story which was basically a very wild (and not to be taken seriously) ride through a lesser well known part of the British history.
I'm expecting a funny, quirky and heart-warming read with "My Plain Jane" and I'm eager to get my hands on a copy!

source

Zen and Gone by Emily France (July 3)
When Essa meets Oliver, the new boy in town, she is not exactly at a high point in her life: with her mother working in a pot shop, it's up to her to take care of her younger sister, but she finds peace in exploring Buddhism at the local zendo. Oliver and Essa go on a survival trip in the Rocky Mountains but Essas new-found inner peace gets put to the test as she finds out that her sister hasn't only followed them, but also disappeared after a mountain storm...

source
I've never read a book centered around Buddhism but since I've been very interested in zen and that kind of stuff lately, "Zen and Gone" seems like the perfect book to be reading for me!

Notes from My Captivity by Kathy Parks (July 10)
When Adrienne, who's dream it is to become a journalist, finds out about a alleged hermit family living in the Siberian wilderness, there's no question she's going to try to find and write about them. What she didn't expect though, is being held hostage by them - and ending up flirting with their youngest son...

source
This book sounds unlike everything I ever read before. I mean, a girl flying to Siberia and being held hostage by a hermit family? I'm in!

Dance of Thieves by Mary E. Pearson (August 7)
Set in the same universe as the Remnant Chronicles, "Dance of Thieves" follows Jase, who finds himself being the new leader of the Ballenger empire after his father's death. His mighty empire is now being threatened by a new era set by a young queen rising up on the horizon, but that is not his only problem. Kazi, a former street thief, was sent to investigate his trespassings towards the young queen's empire and Kazi and Jase get tangled up in an enthralling cat and mouse game...

source
I only just recently read Mary E. Pearsons "The Kiss of Deception" and once I finished that series, I'm exited to dive into Dance of Thieves. I always had a weakness for stories about street thieves so I'm keen to see how this one's going to play out.

Heretics Anonymous by Katie Henry (August 7)
Following Michael, an atheist at a strictly Catholic school, and Lucy, who is the embodiment of contrasts with speaking up against a teacher in class and at the same time wanting to be a priest, "Heretics Anonymous" is about outcasts finding their way together and fighting for their rights and freedom.

source
I'm very interested to see in how this will play out and how the author will portray religion and young people's struggles with finding their way. I have read very few books set in Catholic schools but this one sounds like an engrossing read!

City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab (August 28)
Cass's parents have a rather unsual job - they're ghost hunters. Cass herself is even more unusual - she can actually see ghosts.
When she and her family - including her dead best friend Jacob - move to Edinburgh, she finds herself in a city full of ghosts and with a new friend, Lara, who has the same ability as herself. The two of them go on a mission to send ghosts to behind the veil and soon, Cass is about to have an epic fight that might or might not save herself...

source
I love, love, love V.E. Schwabs books, hence I'm beyond exited for her newest release! This is one I've had my eye on for a long time and I can't wait to finally have my hands on it!

The Towering Sky by Katherine McGee (August 28)
"The Towering Sky" is the third book in a series set in New York City of the year 2118, surrounding a group of people living in a skyscraper which is a thousand floors high. I've only read the first book, "The Thousandth Floor", but I really loved it - it's kind of like a dystopian/ futuristic Gossip Girl and I definitely have to catch up with the series so I can read "The Towering Sky"!

source

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen