Montag, 14. Mai 2018

what i read recently | 5/14/18

Hi!
As you may have noticed: I was gone for a while. I needed some time to figure out some stuff in my life but now I can dedicate time to blogging again which I am beyond exited for!
Also, I have decided to chance some things about my blog. As for now, I have just uploaded reviews on here but I plan to chance that.
As much as I enjoy writing reviews, I want to write so much other stuff as well! I don't know if I've ever mentioned it on my Instagram, but I'm also a writer of fiction (unfortunately unpublished though) and I plan on sharing some writing tips in the future. Also, I want to try out some other formats regarding to books (because after all, this is still supposed to be a book blog), one of which I am introducing in this post: recent reads!
Maybe those will come monthly, but more likely I will upload one post every other few weeks or even more frequently because currently, I'm reading a lot. Like, a lot a lot.
As for my reviews, I don't want to write one for every book I'm reading because for some books, I just don't have that much to say about them so writing a review is really hard and not so much fun for me.
But that's enough with the rambling, let's get on to what I read recently!


Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli
I loved this one so, so much. I also recently reread Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda (and I'm beyond exited to see the movie, I can't wait till it's out in Germany!) and it felt like a warm, fuzzy embrace returning to the Simon universe and getting to follow all of my favourite characters and seeing them as they were trying to follow their paths.
I absolutely adored Leah as the protagonist, she was so honest and relatable and her relationship with... well, I'm not going to spoil the love interest, so let's say: *insert name* was so freaking cute! Gave this book a full 5/5 stars because it deserved no less! 


Words In Deep Blue by Cath Crowley
I think it took me about two sittings to finish this so obviously, I liked it. At the time when I was reading it, I needed a cute, mindless contemporary romance and that is exactly what I got with this book. It’s not the most profound and epic love story but it was just what I needed and I recommend it to anyone looking for a quick and enjoyable romance. 4/5 stars.



The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
I rather picked this up on a whim without any expectations and without even knowing too much about the plot. It had been in a while since I had last read a Rick Riordan book but when I started this I remembered how much I used to love the Percy Jackson series. I loved how the world was expanded in this one with the Romans and everything, the story was fast-paced, enthralling and wanted to make me pick up the next book immediately after finishing this one. Highly recommend it for all Rick Riordan fans! 4.75/5 stars.




The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur
I don’t read much poetry because I find it really hard to get engaged in it but Rupi Kaurs poetry is an exception for me. I also loved her ‚Milk and Honey‘ but The Sun anf Her Flowers was even better. I just connect with her poems on a very profound, personal level and besides, her writing is just beautiful. 5/5 stars




So I really hope you like this new format of mine, I hope I'll do it more often from now on!
Have a nice day (or night, wherever you are) and keep reading!
xxx


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen