Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2018

what i read recently | 5/23/2018

Hello everyone!
I thought it was time for another "what I read recently" so here are some mini-reviews of the books I read lately.

The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan
I had to order the second book in this series immediately after having finished the first one and I had to pick this one up the day that it came in the mail. Yep, this series is THAT good.
And The Son of Neptune did not disappoint. We got introduced to a bunch of new characters that I instantly fell in love with and it was so much fun following their and Percy's story.
So I guess this series is a must-read for every Rick Riordan fan out there!
5/5 stars.


1Q84 by Haruki Murakami
What's funny about this book is that in the beginning, I thought I might dnf it because it was really dense and slow paced. Then I read something else inbetween and after I picked it up for the second time, the story really started to get enthralling. And then I completely fell down the rabbit hole. I still can't quite grasp everything yet and I certainly can't explain my feelings but this book was a masterpiece and absolutely mind-blowing. I can't wait to read Book 3! 
5/5 stars. 


The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan
I don't have to repeat how much I love Rick Riordan, but THIS BOOK, OMG! I loved to see how all the characters got together and how they all went on their quest and THAT ENDING, holy crap! I'm literally biting my nails waiting for the next book and I will devour it the minute it arrives in the mail. How did people do this when they had to wait a year for The House of Hades? Like, how did they survive? I'm barely making it through those few days...
(needless to say: 5/5 stars)



Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Initially, I didn't even intend to pick this up. I had tried to read it a year ago and I hadn't finished it then so it had sat unread for the most parts on my shelf for quite some time. Then I saw a video by Ashley from a dash of ash on YouTube of her fancasting the Illuminae files and for some reason, that really made me want to read the book. So I picked it up.
I have got so say, it's not the best book I've ever read - some scenes did feel a bit slow-paced and I had some problems understanding the technological stuff sometimes (I know, stupid me) but overall, I really liked it this time around. 
4/5 stars



Fünf (=Five) by Ursula Poznanski
(since German is my mother tongue and its a German book, I read it in German)
This was the first thriller I read in a while and while I did need some time to get into the story, when I was finally intrigued, I couldn't get away from it anymore.
I read this within a day and it was really good. It was one of those book that, when you put them aside for a while to do something else, you just can't stop thinking about them and then you have to pick them up again.
Fast-paced, enthralling and a good read!
4/5 stars

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen