Samstag, 2. Juni 2018

my all time favorite series

Hi everyone!
I'm always on the hunt for new series to read because I LOVE when there are multiple books in the same world, with the same characters... the more the merrier, right?
So I thought I'd introduce my all time favorite book series to you and maybe I'll inspire you to read some of them ♥

Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
Well, I think this series is on almost everyone's favorite list so I don't need to say anything about this, do I? I grew up with it and I reread it countless times and by now, I almost know those books by heart. And I still love them to pieces. They're everything. Need I say more?

here you can see all my HP editions... except the ones
that are hidden behind the front row lol

Inkworld Trilogy by Cornelia Funke
Much like Harry Potter, I grew up with those books. They didn't only strengthen my love for books in general (since, after all, this series pretty much revolves around books) but they also made me realise what I love about literature and what good literature should be like for me. These books are pretty much my childhood and I will definitely read them to my children (once I have some lol).



Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan
I absolutely love how this series explores Greek mythology and how you just learn so much reading the books... in a fun way, of course! I read the books multiple times and since I just recently started reading the Heroes of Olympus series I remembered how much I loved Percy Jackson and his comrades. Although technically, its middle grade (though that applies to any of the series so far, haha) I would still recommend this series to any age group because even though my last reread was several years ago, I still love those characters and the story so much!

don't ask me why the first one is the only paperback...
it's a sore point for my collector's heart

Shades of Magic Trilogy by V.E. Schwab
Those books are rather recent reads for me since I only discovered them last year. The reason why I love them so much is because in a way, they reminded me a lot of Harry Potter. Not because the story is similar (because it isn't whatsoever) but because the characters were exactly as loveable and they absolutely won my heart. V.E. Schwab is all about characters and her stories thrive on them and since for me, characters are the most important part of a story too, I naturally adore her books.



Six of Crows Duology by Leigh Bardugo
Similar to the Shades of Magic trilogy, I only read those books very recently but nevertheless, they hold a very special place in my heart. Those books thrive on diversity, the most perfect character cast and on top of that, an enthralling story full of twists and turns. And, most exitingly, Leigh Bardugo just announced there's going to be a third book in this series which... well, that made me have a crazy fangirl moment and I can't even express how happy I am to get more of these characters and their story!



1Q84 Trilogy by Haruki Murakami
These books are utterly different from my other favorites. Honestly, I only read them in this past month but oh well... what can I say other than I absolutely fell in love?
They're weird and quirky and full of peculiar things but they're anything but easy to forget. They contain one of the greatest love stories I've ever read about but essentially, they are about so much more - which I can't possibly express all in one sentence or even a paragraph. Or a whole page. In fact, I think you do have to read them to understand what I'm talking about. But they're absolutely worth reading so of course, that wouldn't be so bad☺



Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson
This is one I read a couple of years ago and I absolutely devoured it then. Those would be the go-to books I'd recommend if anyone asked me for a thriller recommendation because they're everything thrillers need to be (in my opinion): hard to put down (actually, impossible to put down), with a rich and enthralling story and on top of that (and the main reason why I love this series so much) with some of the greatest characters I've ever read about. They are so well developed (actually, sometimes I doubted they were even fictional, I was convinced the story had to be real until I googled it and sadly, it's fiction) and complex and just... well, everything you want characters in a story to be. Highly, highly recommend!



So, those are all of my all time favorite series (at least the ones I've finished already (though, as I said, Six of Crows isn't really finished yet but since those are very late news, I still consider it finished... well, this is getting confusing.)) but I know this list is going to expand over time so I'll definitely do an update in the future (in the far away future though)
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading about my favorites and I wish you all a nice day!
xxx

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen