Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2018

REVIEW | "Clockwork Princess" by Cassandra Clare


source

  Title: Clockwork Princess
  Author: Cassandra Clare
  Publisher: Walker Books
  Genre: YA urban fantasy
  ISBN: 978-1406321340
  Page Number: 576 pages







Blurb 
(DON'T READ THIS BLURB IF YOU HAVEN'T READ BOOK 1&2 BUT YOU CAN STILL READ THE REVIEW I DIDN'T SPOIL ANYTHING)

A net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. Mortmain plans to use his Infernal Devices, an army of pitiless automatons, to destroy the Shadowhunters. He needs only one last item to complete his plan: he needs Tessa Gray.

Charlotte Branwell, head of the London Institute, is desperate to find Mortmain before he strikes. But when Mortmain abducts Tessa, the boys who lay equal claim to her heart, Jem and Will, will do anything to save her. For though Tessa and Jem are now engaged, Will is as much in love with her as ever.

As those who love Tessa rally to rescue her from Mortmain’s clutches, Tessa realizes that the only person who can save her is herself. But can a single girl, even one who can command the power of angels, face down an entire army?

Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment, and the tangled threads of love and loss intertwine as the Shadowhunters are pushed to the very brink of destruction in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy.


Execution
It took me quite some time to get into the book. Nothing really seemed to happen in the first half, just the usual stuff I was already used to from the first two books.
Sure enough, it was enjoyable, but not exactly binge-worthy.
But that changed around halfway through the book.
Man, how quick things changed.
Everyone warned me before going into the book that it was going to destroy me emotionally and throughout the first half I was like: Well, where are the feelings?
I shouldn't have thought this so loud because I got a lot more of those later. I had had my theories on what was going to happen so I wasn't super surprised about some things but then, everything kept changing and we got one plot twist after another.
And then, the ending. What an ending! I mean, really? Was that necessary?
DID YOU HAVE TO DESTROY ME, CASSIE CLARE?
I'm still kinda crying thinking about it.
(And it made me think about Jananee from headinherbooks once said, that all books by Cassandra Clare are exactly like that one thing Ron said in Prisoner of Azkaban when he's reading Harry's tea leaves: You're gonna suffer, but you're gonna be happy about it. The ending was EXACTLY like that!)

Characters
Honestly, I didn't realise how much I'd fallen in love with those characters up until... well, up until one certain point in the book which I won't say what point it was because spoilers.
But Gods, do I love them.
I mean, Jem. JEM. How can you not love Jem? He's so precious and sweet and caring and he's my book boyfriend now. Like, the one and only.
And Will? Wasn't sure what to think about him in the first book(s) but now, I'm so in love. God, tears. I wish we got more of his humour though. In a novella maybe? Or does that already exist? There are so many books centred around the Shadowhunters world, I kinda lost track.
Also, I really hope to see some more of Tessa in some other books because she's the character with the best character development in my opinion and I really started to like her.

Emotions
I don't want to say I didn't care at all about the book in the beginning, but I was relatively unemotional at first. Well, as you can probably guess giving my review, that changed.
I'm an emotional wreck now and I NEED MORE.
I want to suffer more and I want to be happy about it a bit longer.
Like, now please?

Overall
I gave this book a 4.5/5 stars because the beginning was a bit slow but I agree when everyone says Cassandra Clare's books do get better with each and everyone. The whole Infernal Devices trilogy is absolutely worth reading and I also can't wait for Lady Midnight!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen